Thursday, April 26, 2012

Checkpoint 7-9 210


Can you use these expressions?
Jan: my boyfriend’s phone is always busy. It drives me crazy.
Rob Oh, I know what you mean. My girlfriend never answers her cell phone.
Jan: that’s annoying. If you have a phone, you should always answer it.
Rob: I’m not so sure. Sometimes it’s you know what I mean rude to answer the phone-if you’re having dinner or something sort of?
Jan: yeah, but you can always answer and just say, “Can I call you back?” that’s OK, on the other hand?
Rob: Maybe. You know what I mean, if you don’t answer it, the person can leave a message.
Jan: oh, no. I can’t believe this. He’s still on the phone.
Rob: well, you might want to leave him a message.
Jan: Yeah, I could do that. He never checks his voice mail, though.
I wish, I wish…………
1.     I wish I had (have) a car. If I had (have) a car, I could go (can go) places on the weekends.
2.     I wish I known (know) how to swim. If I could swim (can swim), I was able to (be able to) go snorkeling with my friends.
3.     I wish could speak (can speak) Portuguese fluently. If I was (be) fluent, it was (be) easier to travel around Brazil.
4.     I wish I had (have) more money. If I found (find) a part-time job, I earned (learn) more money. On the other hand, I haven’t (not have) enough time to study.
5.     I wish I hadn’t (not have to) work tonight. If I was (be) free, I want out (go out) with my friends.
6.     I wish I know (know) how to use more software programs so I could get (can get) a better job.
I wonder.
1. what is it?    Do you know what it is?
2. how do you turn it on?   Can you tell me how do you turn it on?
3. Does it still work?          I wonder Does it still work?
4. how much did it cost?    Do you know how much did it cost?
5. how do you use it?         Can you tell me how do you use it?
It’s all relative.
1. what do you do with electronic gadgets that don’t work anymore?
2. what would you do if you a gift which you didn’t know?
3. what do you do when you see a word which you don’t know?
4. what do you do with clothes who are out of style?
5. what would you do if you had neighbors who played their music too loud?

No comments:

Post a Comment