Monday, April 23, 2012

workbook unit-10 102


Unit 10  Communication.

1.pasturd are slower (show) than e-mail
2.cell-phone service is expensive than regular phone service
3.Instant messaging is easier (easy)than text messaging
4.I think e-cards are convenienter  (convenient) than regular cards.
5. To me, regular photos are nice than digital photos.
6. I think just mai/ is even bad than spam.
7. It’s important to have a phone than to have a computer.
8. Online newspaper are good than regular newspaper.
·        Complete the conversation.
Dong Un : I love my laptop . It’s so much good than my old desktop.
Loni: But aren’t regular computers cheap than laptops?
Dong Un: Yes, but they’re useful than laptops because you can’t take them to the library or on a trip
Loni: Well, maybe laptops are cool than desktop , but my big computer is quick than most laptops.
Dong un: yeah. But it sure is a lot heavy!
·        1.Jason thinks desktop computers are more convenient than laptops.
2.Sandra thinks e-cards are more fun than postcards.
3.Robert’s grandparents think instant messaging is easier than phone calls.
4.Jay an Sunhee think video conference, are more boring than long business meetings
·        Phone situations
1.have a bad-b
2.call me-
3.have another –
4.leave- e
5.have the wrong-
6.plaese hold-
7.get cut –
1) a.message                    2) a.number                       3)a.call                       4)a.back
b.connection                      b.connection                    b.number                    b.message
c.number                          c. back                             c.mistake                    c.call
5)a.number                      6)a.on                                7) a.back
b. mistake                        b.in                                     b.on
c.connection                    c.call                                   c.off
·        How do they respond?
1.     I can’t heavy you. We have a bad connection.
a.I have another call
b.Call me back on a different phone
2.Please leave a message.
                                         a.Hi, Frank. This is Manny. Call me at home
                                         b. Frank is on the phone
3.Can you hold on, please?
a.Sure, no problem
                                          b. I got cut off
4.Oh, I’m sorry. I think I have the wrong number.
                                          a.One moment, please
                                          b. No, problem
5.Good morning, Cambridge University Press.
                                          a.Would you like to leave a message?
                                          b.Could I speak to sally Smith, please?
6.Did you get my message?
                                           a. Yeah, I think I did.
                                          b.No problem.
·        What were you saying:
1.     Nolan: Hi! Akemi! I have some good news.
Akemi:Oh, I’m sorry. Can you hold on a minute. I have another call.
Nolan: Sure, I don’t mind.
2.     Abby. Kyle, it’s a by, I’m at the supermarket and…
Kyle: Just a second. I have to turn off the TV. What were you saying?
Abby: I was saying, I’m at the supermarket. Can you come, pick me up?
3.Muriel: He it’s me. I’m calling because I’m –oops! Hold on, I dropped my briefcase ..what was                    saying Brett you’re calling because you’re….
Muriel oh, yes I’m working late. I’ll be have around nine tonight.
·        1. I need to ask you few questions. I need just to ask you a few anestions.
2.Sure. Can you wait a minute? Sure. Can you wait a minute.
3. I have to answer the door. I just have to answer the door.
4.Could you hold on a second?
5. I need to turn off the faneet.
6. I want to answer a call on another line.
7. I’m calling to find out about your test.
8. I have to tell you one thing.
·        Hold on second.
You: Hello?
John:Hi! It’s John! How are you going?
You: Hey! John! I’m fine. Can you hold on a second? I just want to turn down the music. So, what were you saying?
John: I was just calling to ask about your English class. How’s it going?
You: Sure. I want answer a call on another line? I just want to because. There is noise on the line. I need to switch phones. Ok, so you were saying?
John: Yra like your English class. Hey guess what! I started Spanish class last week. It’s a lot of fun, and I’m really learning a lot.
You: I had last week? I have to tell you one thing! I just have to close the window.
John: My Spanish class well, anyway , do you have any plans for this weekend?
You: I have to answer the door? I just have to answer the door
Jon: I just wanted to see if you’d like to see a movie or something Saturday night.
You: I need to ask you a few question? I just need to ask if you can call him back later because your pie apple is buithing

John: sure. No problem. Talk to you label.
You: I’m calling to find our about your best? Thank him for calling say good bye.
·        Is very popular these days.
Blegging is a popular from of e-communication. Is useful provides information to large numbers to readers. Many millions of blogs on the internet. People all over the world can read and comment on their writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment