Thursday, April 26, 2012

If I were a Teacher




When I was young, I was fond of playing the role of a teacher. I would imagine aclass of children in front of me, a black board on the wall and myself - an ideal teacher.Everything was imaginary except the ruler in my hand.If I were a teacher, I would give greater importance to example that to precept. Iwould make the children understand the worth of polite speech and decent behaviour. I wouldnever go late to class, i would avoid taking casual leave as far as possible.When I would enter the class I would bid them the time an expect them to bid me inreturn. ‘Good morning, children’ would be the beginning of the day. I would plan the lessonwell and ensure that every child had understood the day’s topic. I would give special attentionto the weaker students, unlike some teachers who only care for the clever children andneglect the below average ones. I would consider it my duty to analyse and solve the problems of every child without any partiality.I would not approve of learning by heart. I would try to make every lesson interesting by giving practical examples from every day life. The children would be encouraged tocollect information from newspapers and magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment